20.20 helps TUI roll out innovation on the High Street
20.20 has been appointed by Thomson, part of TUI UK & Ireland, to create and launch their next generation of shops. The companies are working together to harness technology to attract and engage customers in-store, reflecting both TUI’s increasingly multi-channel approach and the continued importance of their retail network.
20.20 will lead on all design aspects of the new store experience, including connected screens. This commitment to a fully integrated approach to retail technology follows the company’s successful design and launch of an advanced concept store for DFS and the recent appointment of Simon Liss as Head of Connected Device Innovation and Integration.
Rolling out innovation on the High Street
Thomson’s first next generation shop will open in late summer and it’s location will be confirmed next month. By Christmas, a further 10 stores will be refitted with the new design and it is planned that 100 shops will be ‘next generation’ in the coming few years.
Key features of the next generation Thomson shops include:
- The shop front will have a giant immersive video wall (2m x 3m) to showcase new video content and imagery of the holidays combined with evocative sounds and aromas
- At the entrance an interactive map and interactive table will entertain customers and help them research holidays and find out more about the broad range of product available
- The Advice Bar will give customers the chance to browse the Thomson and First Choice websites on self-service laptops with staff on hand to answer any questions
- Free customer WI-FI will also enable customers to use their own devices to research in store and check out review content
- High definition screens and booth projections around the store will feature changing images and videos to inspire customers and give them a feel of what to expect from their holidays before they book
- The store will be zoned to meet the needs of all customers and staff will join them to help with their holiday decisions. Customers can choose from sitting around a laptop in the pool area, self-serving at the Advice Bar or have a more personalised experience in the booths where images of their chosen holiday will be projected on the wall
- All customers will be served with barista style coffee to further enhance the booking experience
Kathryn Ward, Director of Retail and Financial Services for TUI UK & Ireland, said: “Our next generation store recognises the importance of people when it comes to choosing and booking a holiday, whilst integrating technology into the whole experience to really bring it to life. Customers will be able to immerse themselves in stunning, rich and evocative content as they research and browse our unique holidays in-store.”
Jon Lee, Creative Director of 20.20 said “It has been a joy to work with a retailer who understands the importance of making every visit a memorable experience. Every journey is personalised leisure time where the customer is in control. The role of the retailer and ours, as omni-channel designers, is to ensure that the experience is relevant, enjoyable and uniquely irresistible.”