Pets win prizes
20.20 attended the DBA Design Effectiveness Awards last night and were delighted to receive the Silver Award in the category of Retail Interiors, for our work with Pets at Home on their New Malden store in Surrey
The Design Effectiveness Awards recognise, reward and promote the integral role effective design plays in the creation of business growth. The role we have played in helping the New Malden flagship store increase revenue is undeniable with key figures post the redesign including:
• Average weekly sales during the first four months after the new store was launched increased by 20.75%, compared to the same period the previous year.
• Overall like for like sales have increased from 12% to 20%.
• Reptile sales have increased by 569% per month. Because of the commercial success of the area, the graphic elements of the new concept have been rolled out to 80 other stores.
• Pet sales have increased by 245% per month since the refurbishment. Pet sales in other stores for the same period have remained static.
• Wildlife sales have increased by 49% per month, compared to other stores that have seen a 32% increase.
• Aquatic sales have increased by 38% per month, sales for this department have stayed the same across other stores.
• The average number of weekly transactions has increased by 16%. Transactions for other stores in the same period have seen little or no increase. The average value of these transactions has increased by 3.85%.
All of the above contributed to proving the growth potential of the business to prospective new owners and Private Equity firm Bridgepoint sold Pets at Home to KKR shortly after the New Malden store launched for £955 million: over four times the purchasing price.
This is the second award the New Malden store has won along with the Retail Interior Award last year and we are hoping to make it a hat trick with the project also shortlisted for a Retail Week Award, results of which are announced next month.
Click to here to see the award winning entry: